On Air Night Flight | 1:00am - 6:00am

Onchan shock Old Boys

Onchan caused a major shock in the JCK Junior Cup preliminary round on Saturday.

They defeated Combination One high-flyers Old Boys by a solitary Brian Ring goal to spring a major surprise.

Peel won a dramatic penalty shoot-out to edge past Laxey in the tie of the round.

The westerners triumphed 5-4 on spot-kicks after a 2-2 draw at Douglas Road.

Steve Cretney had fired Laxey into a 1-0 half-time lead before Ryan Holdaway netted twice for the home side after the break.

James Haslett equalised to force extra-time and the scores remained level to spark the shoot-out.

There was equal drama at Andreas as a last-gasp extra-time goal earned Ayre United a 4-3 success against battling Foxdale.

Charlie Rawlins was the hero with a hat-trick and James Ford netted the other.

Michael turned on the style in extra-time to thrash western rivals St John’s 5-1.

A surprise was on the cards when St John's led at the break.

However, substitute Matthew Brown netted a second half equaliser to force extra-time and he went onto become the hero – completing a hat-trick in the additional period with Kenny Diak also grabbing a brace as Michael ran out comfortable winners.

Combination One champions Rushen were impressive 4-0 winners at Gymns.

Ciaran Brown set them on their way with Kyle Lunn, an own goal and an Andrew Moody bicycle kick sealing the success.

St George's were made to battle all the way in a 1-0 success over a spirited Colby, while Castletown cruised to a 5-1 home win over Ramsey Youth Centre.

Town, who were 3-0 up at the break, found the net through Mark Notman (two), Dan Hattersley, Adam Pate and John Purley.

Craig Melman notched the Youth Centre combination.

Douglas Royal were comprehensive 4-1 winners at Braddan.

Goals from Paddy Dempsey, Mike Sherry and Steve Horner, plus an own goal, ensured Carl Kenny’s first half goal was a consolation for Braddan.

Richard Foden was the hero for St Mary's as they demolished lowly Douglas and District 15-0.

He hit SIX with Liam Doyle (two), Conor Gelling, James Dooley, Jack Varey, veteran Peter Langridge (two), Martin Hall and Darren Dooley netting the others in the rout.

Paul Creighter, Eddie Howland and Chris Wilson were the scorers as Union Mills won 3-1 at Malew, whose goal was scored by John Kinley, while Marown won 6-2 at the Police but were forced to play extra-time.

Mark Williamson and Steven Ormond-Smith overturned a 2-0 half-time deficit for the Police but Marown’s experience showed through in the end with goals from Bobby Jones, Neil Withers, Neil Gibson, Paul Postlewaithe, Neil Clarke and an own goal.

More from Isle of Man Sport