
Four clubs set to take part in pre-season football showcase at The Bowl this July
FC Isle of Man has confirmed the return of its Summer Festival of Football, set to take place this July in Douglas.
The event will be hosted at The Bowl and features visiting teams from across the English football pyramid.
National League side Altrincham FC, National League North's Radcliffe Borough, and EFL League Two club Fleetwood Town will all take part.
Designed as part of FC Isle of Man’s preparations for the 2025/26 season in the North West Counties Football League, the festival promises a weekend of competitive fixtures.
The three visiting clubs are expected to bring strong squads and a travelling support.
Altrincham FC last played the Ravens in 2022. Manager Phil Parkinson described that experience as “really good” and said the festival format adds “a little bit of flavour” to the pre-season calendar.
Radcliffe Borough returns after a high-scoring 3-3 draw in last year’s event. Co-manager Anthony Johnson praised the previous experience, calling it “a massive credit to FC Isle of Man”, while club captain Jordan Hulme highlighted the value of the trip for both match fitness and team bonding.
Fleetwood Town is the only EFL club taking part. Head coach Pete Wild said the decision to attend followed “excellent feedback” from staff who visited the island to assess the facilities.
FC Isle of Man, a community-owned club formed in 2020, plays in the ninth tier of English football.
Vice-chairman Lee Dixon, who is leading on festival planning, said: “After the success of last year when we saw hundreds of visiting fans, we are all very excited to see it grow this year.”
The event kicks off on Friday 18 July with Altrincham facing Radcliffe at 3pm, followed by FC Isle of Man v Fleetwood Town at 7pm.
Saturday will serve as a rest day before Sunday’s play-off and final matches.
Travel packages for visiting fans, including ferry crossings, accommodation, and match tickets, will be available to book in due course.