On Air The Afternoon Show Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Douglas Athletic stun Saints

Pulrose too strong for Town

A first half romp secured Douglas Athletic one of their best ever victories in the Canada Life Premier League on Saturday.

They scored six times inside the opening 28 minutes to thrash St Mary’s at Springfield Road.

Doubles from Martin Cowan and Mikey Callister and one apiece from Danny Pennington – direct from a corner – and Daniel Sherry inflicted a stunning setback on the Saints.

That was the sole game in the top flight.

In JCK Division Two, neighbours Pulrose made a blistering start themselves en route to winning the game of the day to move top.

Steven Glover scored within 38 seconds to set them on their way and Barry English and Craig Cowin added further goals before the break.

Glover netted another in the second period in a 4-2 home triumph with Jamie Cadwallader and Alex Crawley replying for Town.

Union Mills produced a fine win, a 2-1 success at Ramsey Youth Centre, thanks to goals from Luke Booth and a late Colin Gerrard winner.

Both clubs wish Millers’ Chris Kelly a speedy recovery after he was taken to Noble’s Hospital with an injury sustained in the first half.

Marown won 3-0 at battling Ayre, courtesy of goals from Ashley Heginbotham (two) and Ally Morris.

Douglas & District pulled off a surprise 4-2 home win over Gymns.

A solo goal from Dale Kenna was the highlight with Ben Hall, Danny Scott and Owen Stewart also on target.

Ross Crawford and Greg Williamson, who also had a penalty saved, found the net for Gymns.

There were goals galore at Balleira Road as Malew ran out 5-3 winners at Michael.

Dale Walker sealed the victory with his second of the match after Michael had threatened a comeback.

Jack Gilbert, Josh Clarke and Daniel Thirwell grabbed the others.

Jack Smith scored twice for Michael who also benefited from an own goal.

Onchan were pushed hard by Governor’s Athletic before edging a five goal contest at the Nivison Stadium.

Jack Powell, Brendan Harrison and an own goal won it for the hosts.

More from Isle of Man Sport