Left oven causes Port Erin fire

Delivery driver thanked for action

There's a reminder about testing smoke alarms, after forgotten food caused a kitchen blaze in Port Erin.

Firefighters were called to a property on Friday night when a nearby delivery driver heard sirens from within.

Flames were found pouring from a gas oven, which had ignited after been left unattended.

The Fire and Rescue Service says the owner's automatic alarm system provided enough warning to prevent disaster.

More from Isle of Man News