
Insurance mogul takes to twitter to claim innocence
The chairman of the Manx-based Rock Holdings Group Arron Banks, has denied allegations made by a BBC investigation as 'fake news'.
Taking to twitter this morning (28 Dec), Mr Banks defended the legitimacy of his firm tweeting that the broadcaster created a story with 'no evidence, just theories.'
Last month, the broadcaster's current affairs programme Newsnight visited the Island to investigate Rock Holdings' purported involvement in the Brexit campaign.
It is suspected by the UK Electoral Commission as the source of an £8 million donation the largest in British political history to Leave.EU, founded by Mr Banks.
Newsnight journalist John Sweeney who found the company to be in default with no publicly available accounts, tweeted 'political money should be transparent'.
Responding on Twitter Mr Banks said:
I’m a U.K. resident & taxpayer , and it’s absolutely clear the money came from money generated in this country.. No foreign money was involved & I look forward to your apology in due course ! Remain outspent leave 2 to 1, and I’m proud to have done my bit for Brexit... https://t.co/CvDx72TnoN
— Arron Banks (@Arron_banks) December 27, 2018
we’ve given the police our bank statements and full account of where the money came from. Strangely we don’t really give a fuck about you or Newsnight or the biased @ElectoralCommUK . As the chairman touchingly said “ Brexit is a complete load of eurosceptic nonsense.Fine words! https://t.co/Qz0rSys7g9
— Arron Banks (@Arron_banks) December 28, 2018
Rock Holdings formally of Murdoch Chambers on Douglas' South Quay, re-registered to an address on Athol Street in November.
According to the companies registry, strike off action has been commenced against the firm.