Manx Care signpost patients elsewhere
Manx Care says the Emergency Department at Noble's Hospital is "experiencing longer than usual waiting times".
Patients are being asked to consider whether they need to go straight to the Emergency Department, or if they can get the help they need elsewhere.
The healthcare body is signposting patients to other alternative services.
- The Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Ramsey and District Cottage Hospital, which is open from 8am to 8pm
- Community Pharmacists
- GP, or MEDS (the Manx Emergency Doctor Service) for issues out of hours which cannot wait for you to speak to your GP the next day about
- The MECS (Minor Eye Conditions) Service provided by Specsavers in Douglas, for eye-related issues
- The Community Dental Service - for people without a dentist
- QWELL and Kooth – online resources with instant access to an online Counsellor who can support with issues including persistent low mood and anxiety
- In the event of a life-threatening emergency, call 999 for an Ambulance