On Air Feel Good Friday Chris Quirk | 2:00pm - 5:30pm

Inspector 'has no record' of conversation regarding replacement facility for Wright's Pit North

DOI denies advising planning inspector of plans for replacement site

A planning inspector has clarified comments she made regarding Wright's Pit North, after fears she'd been misled when approving the extended use of the site.

A Tynwald Committee questioned whether Jennifer Vyse had been incorrectly informed that a planning application for a new site had been submitted, before she gave the green light for the landfill site to be used until 2030. 

However, the Department of Infrastructure says no such advice was given.

In a statement, Mrs Vyse says she 'has no record of a conversation taking place regarding a replacement facility'.

She adds, however, that the absence of an application 'had no bearing' on her eventual recommendation.

She said: "I do not have a record of who said anything about the replacement facility referred to at para 23 of my report.

"However, and in any event, the absence of an application for a non-inert facility, pursuant to the non-statutory Waste Regulation Policy, had no bearing on my eventual recommendation."

Her report can be found in full HERE.

 

More from Isle of Man News