On Air The Morning Show Chris Williams | 9:00am - Noon

Port Erin woman 'overwhelmed' by public's support after house fire

Artist suffered smoke inhalation and lost possessions

A woman whose house was gutted by fire at the weekend has thanked the Manx public for their support.

Artist Sarah Brown suffered smoke inhalation, and lost most of her possessions, when her home on the Edremony Estate in Port Erin went up in flames.

She believes it was caused by a faulty plug socket in her living room adding that it spread extremely quickly.

Sarah has launched an online fundraiser to help whilst she finds new accommodation - you can find a link here.

She told Manx Radio what happened:

In relation to this incident the Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says the activation of the smoke alarm meant the occupant was alerted to the fire and, thanks to the actions of a neighbour, the emergency services were called quickly.

They say while working smoke detectors are very important it is equally important to evacuate your property at the earliest opportunity if there is a fire and dial 999.

 

More from Isle of Man News