STEP 2017 culminates with ceremony
The next generation of Manx business leaders have been recognised at an annual awards ceremony.
Now in its 19th year, the STEP Programme sends dozens of local students into the workplace to complete summer projects.
It's organised by the Department of Economic Development, with support coming from Standard Bank.
This year's honours saw Jak Morris named Most Enterprising Student for his work with kettle thermostat manufacturer Strix.
Also scooping gongs:
- Alfie Leach - Most Enterprising Student Runner-up
- Adam Cowin – Best Presentation
- Fay Wilcox – Best Presentation Runner-up
- Ben Awkal – Judges’ Commendation
- Roisin Thornton – Judges’ Commendation
In a year that saw entrants undertake a record number of projects, DED Minister Laurence Skelly commented that the scheme 'showcases the great quality of our upcoming workforce, and the continuing support from local industry.’