Importance of smoke alarms highlighted again
Fire crews in Douglas were called out this morning (Sat 13) to reports of a fire on Woodbourne Road.
The alarm was raised around 8.30am and on arrival crews confirmed that the householders were all safe and accounted for before tackling a blaze in a hallway.
The fire was extinguished using CO2 extinguishers and services to the property were isolated.
Officers pointed out that once again the importance of working smoke alarms in a property was highlighted, as the occupants had first been alerted to the fire by such an alarm, giving them time to safely evacuate the property.